Sample Rental Agreement
This is our sample rental agreement. Our final rental agreement will be customized for the specific home you rent as well as the terms and conditions to which we agree. We’re looking forward to your stay with us!
Rental Contract for a Noble Beach Home Property
The house is located at _____________________, Surfside Beach, South Carolina 29575
Reservation Date:_______, 201__
This vacation rental agreement is made and entered into on the Reservation Date noted above between Jackie and Dean Noble, Owners (“us”), and the Renter (“you,” “Guest”), as named on the last page of this document, and the Owners grant to the Renter pursuant to all state laws of South Carolina, the vacation residence described below in its present condition, under the terms stated herein.
Number of Nights:
+ Taxes (12%)
= Total Rental Rate
+ Refundable Damage Deposit
= Total Charges
House Description: Will vary by house
1. PAYMENT – The total charges will be paid on the following schedule:
Due Within 7 Days of the Reservation Date: An initial deposit of $______ along with the signed rental agreement. This advance payment is not a damage deposit.If the initial payment and signed rental agreement are not received within 7 days of the Reservation Date, the above dates will be released and we will relist our home for rent.
Due 30 Days Prior to Arrival: A payment representing the balance of rent due plus the refundable damage deposit. If payment is not received by this date, this contract will be cancelled and no refunds of advance payments will be issued.
Guest is responsible for making payments by noted due dates.No reminders will be sent.
2. FORMS OF PAYMENT – Please make payments in US dollars in the form of a personal check or bank-issued money order or cashier’s check payable to Jackie Noble and mailed to the address noted above. Please note that we only accept money orders issued by National Banks or Federal Credit Union.
Payment may also be made by credit card through PayPal.com. If this method of payment is desired, please advise Owners so an invoice can be generated.
3. LATE FEES – A late fee of up to 3% of the payment due may be assessed at the owner’s discretion for payments received after the agreed upon due date.
4. RETURNED PAYMENT CHARGE – If a payment, in any form, is returned by the financial institution or the credit card processing merchant for any reason, the Renter will pay a $50.00 returned payment fee to the Owners plus any incurred credit card processing fees.The Owners then will determine an acceptable means of payment and the time period to remedy the situation, and reserves the right to cancel the reservation in the event of a returned check/declined credit card transaction.
5. DAMAGE DEPOSIT- A damage deposit of $250.00 is required and is due with the final payment of the Total Rental Rate. The guest is responsible for reporting all damage, accidental or otherwise, promptly to the owner so repairs and/or replacements can be made as quickly as possible.The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within 14 days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to the house or its contents, the pool or decks, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers outside, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned.
d.All food is removed from pantry, cabinets, refrigerator, microwave and oven and disposed of properly.
e. All keys are returned to owner.
f. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
g. No linens are lost or damaged.
h.If linens were rented during your stay, you must strip the beds and gather all linens together for pick up by the linen rental service.We are not responsible for returning rented linens.
6. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. ET AND CHECK OUT IS 10 A.M. ET. An earlier check-in or later check-out may be arranged depending upon house availability.
7. CANCELLATIONS – Should you cancel a confirmed reservation more than 60 days prior to your arrival, all prepaid monies will be refunded less a $250.00 cancellation fee.Cancellations that are made within 60 days of the arrival date forfeit all advance rents paid, unless the property rebooks for your same dates and rates, in which case your advance rents will be refunded less a $250 cancellation fee.
No refunds are given for shortened stays.
8. TRAVEL & PERSONAL INSURANCE – Please note that as the Owners of only four vacation rental homes, we cannot easily write off lost income from cancellations, as do large property managers or hotels. If you are concerned about the possibility of a last-minute cancellation or early departure for whatever reason, we strongly suggest that you take responsibility for this risk and obtain trip cancellation/interruption insurance.We can provide the names of several companies which offer this type of insurance for you to contact.Your choice not to insure your vacation is your responsibility.
By signing this Rental Contract, you acknowledge that you have been advised by the Owners to arrange adequate personal insurance coverage for all members of your party to cover all travel, personal risks/injuries and liabilities, and any cancellation.
9. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include departure maid service and applicable taxes.
10. MAID SERVICE –Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.Departure maid service is included.
11. PEST CONTROL – We make every effort possible to eliminate the occurrence of pests in our homes. Our home is serviced for pests by a licensed professional exterminator on a regular basis. As many insects are indigenous to our area – particularly ants, mosquitoes and Palmetto bugs – we recommend keeping all doors and windows closed and that you do not leave food on counters or tables.No other arrangements, property substitutions, rate adjustments or refunds will be issued for pest related problems.
12. NO SMOKING in the house, on the decks or around the pool.
13. PETS – Pets are NOT permitted in this property.A pet found in our home, regardless of ownership, will result in a $150.00 charge, immediate eviction, and forfeiture of all rents paid along with payment for any damages that result because of the pet. While we advertise this as a non-pet friendly home, we cannot guarantee that a pet has never stayed in our home.
14. MAINTENANCE/HOUSEKEEPING – Unlike a hotel, we do not provide 24-hour maintenance or housekeeping services.We will strive to address any maintenance/housekeeping issues quickly, but some issues may be outside of our control such as the failure of the air conditioning, electricity, heating, telephone, cable service, internet service, appliances, entertainment equipment, etc.We will work to arrange for any such problems to be corrected as soon as practical.
You also agree to report promptly any mechanical, electrical, plumbing or other problems on the premises.We do not offer other arrangements, rate adjustments, rebates or refunds should they fail or if the service provider is unable to repair/restore a particular service during your stay.
15. PROPERTY CARE – Prior to your arrival, our home is inspected for damaged, broken or nonworking items and repairs are made as necessary.Within the first 24 hours of your arrival, please look around to see if there is anything the housekeeping staff overlooked.If there is, please send the Owners an email or text so a remedy can be applied and/or document that it was there upon your arrival so you are not held accountable.If possible, send a photo if it warrants that level of documentation.
Please do not rearrange the furniture or other home articles. If, however, you find it necessary to move something, please move it back before you leave. If you or someone in your party makes a mess, please see that it is cleaned up. If you use the charcoal grill, then please clean the cooking surface and properly dispose of ashes after each use. NO FIREWORKS ON ANY OF THE PREMISES.
In general, you are expected to take proper care of the property while enjoying the use of it.
16. LINENS – Sheets & towels are not included as part of this rental agreement.We do provide pillows, mattress pad covers, blankets, comforters and bath mats.You may bring your linens or make arrangements to rent them through a local equipment rental company.Upon your departure, you must strip the beds and gather all rented linens together for pick up by the linen rental service, as per their instructions.We are not responsible for returning rented linens.
17. PARKING – Surfside Beach and our surrounding neighborhood are very family-oriented.We have many full-time residents who live nearby.Please be respectful of their privacy and comfort by parking in the designated areas around our home and limiting external noises to reasonable times of the day.
18. TRASH COLLECTION – It is your responsibility to bag and deposit into outdoor trash containers all trash and waste materials from everywhere on your rented property including inside the main home, outside upon decks and porches and outside in the yard or driveway prior to your check-out. Trash containers are provided for you to deposit all trash. ALL TRASH MUST BE BAGGED. Failure to bag and deposit all trash into the proper containers prior to your checking out will result in a fine being imposed of up to $50.00 and will be deducted from the refundable damage deposit.
19. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in or if discovered after arrival, will be required to leave with no refund of rent or damage deposit. By signing below, you are verifying that you are at least 25 years of age and that you will also be one of the guests in the home during the duration of the rental agreement.
20. HOUSE PARTIES – House parties are not allowed.If your group is made up mostly of people who are over the age of 15 and under 25 who are not members of the same family, we may consider it a house party.If a house party is discovered after check-in, all guests will be required to leave with no refund of rent or damage deposit.
21. PHOTO IDENTIFICATION/NAMES OF GUESTS – Owner reserves the right to request a copy of the driver license (or other legally accepted photo identification) from the guest who signs this Rental Contract as well as the names of all the guests who will be on the premises during the entirety of the Rental Contract.
22. SWIMMING POOL – Children under the age of 12 must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.There is no lifeguard on duty.Use at your own risk. Pool maintenance is performed on a regular basis and tenant agrees to allow service provider onto the property to conduct such maintenance.
23. SWIMMING POOL HEATER – Pool heating is included during off-season rentals.The pool is heated provided surrounding air temperature remains at or above 55⁰F.The pool heater automatically shuts off when the air temperature drops below 55⁰F and will resume heating when the air temperature rises above 55⁰F.This is a function of the type of heating unit installed and cannot be manipulated by the owner.
24. WEATHER POLICY – No refunds will be given for inclement weather unless Surfside Beach is placed under a mandatory evacuation order by the Town of Surfside Beach, SC.The refund given will be prorated based upon how many days the home was occupied.
25. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
26. PERSONAL PROPERTY & LIABILITY – This house is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
27. This lease shall be governed pursuant to the laws of South Carolina; invalidation of any part of this lease shall not invalidate the remainder.
28. This document contains the entire agreement between the parties, and any changes, amendments or modifications shall be void unless they are in writing and signed by both parties.
THE REST OF THIS PAGE IS INTENTIONALLY BLANK
By Signing Below, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement
Print Name of Renter:______________________________________________________
Total Number of Guests in Party:______________________________________________
# Guests ages 25+ _________ # Guests ages 18-25 _________ # Guests under 18 _________