Grand Strand Christmas Shows and Events
I looked at the calendar today and realized we are 3 months away from Christmas! So it put me in the holiday spirit and got me thinking about all the neat things to do in the Grand Strand area during the holidays.
If you are going to be in the area between Thanksgiving and New Year’s, there are several shows and activities which Noble Beach Homes of Surfside Beach recommends!
Some of these require advance reservations so definitely click on the links to learn the full details!
- Surfside Beach Turkey Trot (Nov. 23) – Start the holiday season off right with this fun and crazy run! Offering 1 mile, 5K and 10K runs. Whether you’re a participant or a spectator, Surfside Beach on Thanksgiving morning is the place to be!
- Brookgreen Gardens Nights of a Thousand Candles – Simply one spectacular light display! We had never seen anything like it on this scale. It’s only on weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas and you must have a reservation.
- Carolina Opry Christmas Special – Wonderful talent, top-notch production values, great selection of songs, music and performances – this is the show we go to every year!
- Christmas at Pirate’s Voyage – We confess, we haven’t seen this Christmas show but if it’s anything like its regular show or its predecessor, The Dixie Stampede’s Christmas Show, it should be awesome!
- The South’s Grandest Show at The Alabama Theatre – It claims to be the grandest – although we favor the Carolina Opry Christmas Special – but it is a grand spectacle and worth putting on your list. Outstanding talent and production values.
- Merry Marshwalk Christmas in Murrells Inlet – For the first three consecutive Saturdays following Thanksgiving, enjoy a unique shopping experience along the Marshwalk as local businesses and artists line the MarshWalk. Afterwards, dine at one of the many fabulous restaurants in Murrells Inlet!
- Surfside Beach Christmas Decorations – The residents of Surfside Beach do an outstanding job decorating their homes for the holidays, with many elaborate and colorful outdoor displays. Jump in the car and take a tour – the north end of SSB (north of 1st Ave. N. and between Ocean Blvd. and Poplar Dr.) tends to have more outdoor decorations but its best to drive around and turn down a street when you see bright lights! And if she’s still doing it, one neighbor in particular has a wonderful display you can even walk through – great fun for children! It’s the house at the corner of Cedar Dr. and 13th Ave N.
Of course, there’s plenty of shopping in the area but that’s another blog post!
We hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!